My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
ALL NATURAL DOG-SAFE CAKE RECIPE!
When our Standard Poodle puppy Bailey turned 1 year last September, we wanted to find a unique way to celebrate with her, so I decided to make her a home-made dog cake! Being a pet nutritionist however, I BALKED at many of the recipes I found recommended online with ingredients that varied form questionable to down-right potentially TOXIC to dogs!
I then remembered one of the nutrition books in my studies have a section for treats for pets, and I found this great cake recipe which met all of my requirements:
1. Easy and Fast to make.
3. Ingredients 100% safe for dogs.
4. Free of ALL common pet allergens.
5. Something that we ALL could eat.
I am happy to report that we DID it - this cake is awesome, we all were able to eat it along with our puppy so it made the event even more special - even my late grandmother ate a slice!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together vegetable oil, nut butter, applesauce, and pumpkin puree. Once combined, mix in egg and mix until combined.
Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into an 8" round pan (a square pan can also be used) that has been greased with oil. (Coconut, butter, ghee, or any animal fat is best.)
6. Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly.
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack for min. 30 minutes.
8. Frost & Serve