Small Batch Frozen raw Cat & Dog Food Review!
Smallbatch is a wonderful small, family owned company founded in 2005 in San Francisco, CA. Inspired by the wonderful local and sustainable sources around, they set out to make a different kind of raw pet food, and have done a great job of slowly growing and expanding without sacrificing quality.
Things I Love about smallbatch brand pet foods:
- Only use all natural humanely raised and harvested meats.
- Meats are hormone and antibiotic-free from start to finish and we strive to use organic meat whenever possible.
- Beef and lamb are always pasture raised and our poultry and rabbit are always free-range.
- Only use fresh whole vegetables and herbs that are certified organic, non-GMO and free of pesticides.
- Supplements are of the highest quality and in their purest form.
- No synthetic vitamins in formulas.
- Vitamins and minerals in whole food sources.
- Partner with locally procured ranchers and farmers that maintain transparent food policies and that are committed to providing leadership in sustainability and land stewardship.
- All US sourced ingredients with the exception of Icelandic kelp.
- Ideal protein/carb ratio for dogs at 88% / 12%.
- Ideal protein/carb ratio for cats at 97% / 3%.
- Complete and Balanced for all life stages kitten/puppy, pregnant and nursing moms to adult and senior pets.
- Offer a wide-range of protein variety options.
Also, unlike the other companies I have reviewed Stella & Chewy's and Primal Raw, they include salmon oil IN ADDITION to the Icelandic sea kelp so this provides cats and dogs on their formula a much more complete nutrient profile of omega-3 fatty acids as compared to just sea kelp alone.
I honestly can't find one downfall to this company, with the exception of I hope they become more widely available at all large box-stores and small local pet stores alike to widen accessibility to all pet parents because it is wonderful food!