The Dangers of Salt Lamps to Pets!

The Dangers of Salt Lamps to Pets!


If you have a salt lamp, you should be aware of the threat they pose to your furry friends.


While they make great decor pieces in your home, they can actually be extremely dangerous for your pets.

 

 

Several pets every single year end up either dying or becoming extremely ill from salt lamps. That just goes to show how dangerous they can be.


So what is it about salt lamps that make them so harmful, and how can you prevent it?


Why Salt Lamps Are Harmful

The problem with salt lamps is that they are made of salt, which can be a very alluring taste for your pet. If you have a cat or dog, it’s only a matter of time before they discover they can lick and ingest the salt from the lamp.


Because they enjoy the taste, they will continue doing it.


Dogs, cats, and even humans who intake too much salt will see detrimental health effects. Ingesting too much of it creates a crisis situation in the body that causes a whole host of symptoms.


These symptoms can eventually lead to serious illness, and in some cases, even death.


How to Prevent It

This doesn’t mean you can’t have salt lamps in your home at all! If you love salt lamps and choose to have one, just make sure it’s in a room or area that your pet cannot access.


This way, you won’t risk your pet discovering it and ingesting the salt.


Keep those pets healthy and happy everyone!


~PetCoachApril

April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., P.M.H.