HOMEMADE FREEZE DRIED PET TREATS!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FREEZE DRIED PET TREATS!
A couple weekends ago, I decided it was time I venture into making my own pet treats since I have already been making my own homemade pet food for several years. I found it to be surprisingly VERY simply and fun, and best part is my dog and cat both loved the treats! I will definitely be making again!
What you will need:
1. Container of chicken livers (also works with any other types of bone-less meats.)
2. Large pot for boiling.
3. Cookie sheet.
4. Parchment paper.
5. Glass storage container.
6. Freezer-safe bags (for storage after drying).
7. Ice-cube trays (optional).
- Pour chicken livers (or any other raw bone-less meat) in a stockpot half filled with water.
2. Bring chicken livers to a boil; reduce heat to a low boil.
3. Cook for 30 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and remove pot from heat.
5. Allow chicken livers to cool.
6. Reserve liquid to use as broth in another dog treat recipe.
7. Cut chicken livers into small, uniform pieces.
8. Place livers on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
9. Put cookie sheet in freezer for one week.
I hope you and your pets thoroughly enjoy this quick easy pet treat recipe and share with your friends!
Sincerely, your PetCoach
April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., P.M.H.