Is Aloe actually Toxic to our Pets?

Is Aloe actually Toxic to our Pets?

Is Aloe actually Toxic to our Pets?

This is another one of those internet myths that get tossed around the pet community and it is really frustrating because not only is Aloe vera not toxic to our pets, but it can be an extremely healing and useful therapy to use.


When it comes to using aloe safely for your pets, you need to keep a couple of things in mind....


  • Be certain your pet doesn't eat the aloe plant because it is actually the juice inside the aloe skin which can be toxic to our pets when ingested.  
  • Never use liquid aloe juice on your pet. 
  • Do not use any over-the-counter aloe products, as these contain other synthetic ingredients which can be toxic. 
  • Use only fresh aloe plant; cut open the leaf, scrape out the inner gel, apply a thin layer to your pet 1-2 times daily as needed.  
  • Works great for any skin rash, irritation, wound, cut, scrape, bites, or burns. 


For an even better skin-healing remedy which you can keep on hand for your pets at all time - check out our Pet Healing Salve!  


~PetCoachApril A.S., C.P.N., M.P.H. 

Leave a comment

* Required fields

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.