Stella & Chewy's Raw Pet Food - A Good Choice?
Are you excited? I sure am! I have been waiting patiently working my way slowly through the thousands of hours of time researching and investigating and writing out my top pet food list for all the other categories of pet foods; Canned, Dehydrated, Freeze Dried Raw, Fresh Cooked, and now finally we are in the home-stretch as I begin my list of top recommended Frozen Raw Pet Food Diets!
The first food I want to highlight on my list is not my TOP recommended, however it is a great choice!
Stella & Chewy's Raw Pet Food
- Great wide variety of different proteins offered to keep your pet healthy with the minimum recommendation of at least 4-5 different proteins regularly in the diet.
- Diets available for both cats and dogs
- Uses 95% protein, bone and organ ratio to carbs
- Uses organic fruits and vegetables
- Enhanced with probiotics
- Taurine added, even in the dog variety which most companies do not
- Uses cage-free, and grass feed animals
- Widely available online and retailers near you
- One big draw-back in their formulas for dogs and cats, is they use dried kelp as the source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- While dry kelp is a great source for humans, especially cats and dogs as well have a difficult time processing omega-3 fatty acids from sources other than fish.
- Best sources of omega-3's for pets are sardines, cod, herring, cod liver, krill, squid, salmon, mackerel.
Bottom line, Stella & Chewy's is a great choice of frozen raw food for your dogs and cats, however you should consider adding either whole sardines to their diet (2 fish per 10 lbs.) or a quality pet-specific fish oily daily into the food to ensure your pet is getting all of their needs met!