Heal your Dog's Allergies - Naturally!
Is your Dog Suffering with Allergies?
If you have a dog who is suffering form allergies you know how miserable this can be for them! For dogs, allergies are typically a combination between environmental (outside grasses/pollen etc.), food insensitivities/intolerances, or sensitivities to chemical cleaning products, especially floor cleaners.
What are the symptoms of dog allergies?
Typical Symptoms of allergies in dogs are:
- itchy, watery eyes / red, irritated, puffy eyes.
- sneezing / runny nose / nasal congestion.
- itchy / flakey / dry skin.
- skin discoloration / pigment changes (seen on hairless dog skin).
- recurrent skin rashes, or lesions which break open.
- GI troubles; consistent loose stool, diarrhea, vomiting.
*please note that red, watery eyes and sneezing or runny nose can also be a sign of upper respiratory infection, and infectious causes should always be ruled out before determining if symptoms are due to allergies. A canine 'Upper Respiratory PCR Test' is best recommended for a certain diagnosis.
How to Naturally TREAT your Dogs's Allergies?
There are a wide variety of natural treatment options, and sometimes takes a bit of trial and error, and patience, to slowly narrow down the exact causes of your dog's allergies, as well as find the right solutions.
In general however, following the outlined approach below will generally bring complete remission of allergy symptoms in about 90% of dogs, when followed carefully and thoroughly.
- Add a quality Pet Probiotic into your dog's daily meals:
- Add a quality herbal Allergy Remedy into your dog's daily meals:
- Add a quality Digestive Enzyme into your dog's daily meals:
- If dealing with sinus congestion, ReNewedPet 'Sinus Health Solution' can be extremely helpful.
- It is also incredibly helpful to run a 'Dog Food Sensitivity / Intolerance Test.' These tests utilize top-notch new scientific measures to detect exactly which foods your dog may be sensitive/intolerant to, then removed from their diet. Thousands of pets worldwide have been healed of allergy-symptoms through the use of this testing.
- Important to note; this test is not the same as the test available from your vets office. Generally, the tests conventional veterinarians use are entirely un-helpful because they only test for what is known as 'true allergies' which is the life-threatening (IgE) responses to environmental or food allergens producing hives, swelling of face, mouth, tongue, airway with difficulty breathing.
- In contrast the more common symptoms as listed in the opening of this blog are derived from 'sensitivities / intolerances.' (IgM & IgA reactions).
- Switch to all natural cleaners / laundry detergents to prevent your dog from coming into routine contact with chemicals used to clean floors, counter-tops, bathrooms, toilets etc.
- Replace your conventional dog bed which is polluted with flare retardants and other chemicals with an organic natural chemical-free dog bed.
- Switch bath products to ReNewedPet® "Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner" line; available for both Hairless Dogs, or Furred Dogs.
- Thousands of pet parents have seen success with these shampoo formulas for their dogs; eliminating many different rashes, as well as general pigment discolorations.
- Slowly switch your dog to a quality Fresh Diet; either Gently Cooked, or Frozen Raw. The quality of ingredients in processed foods like kibble or canned foods are often very low, and over-processing of ingredients themselves can lead to allergy-symptoms in cats.
- You might also wish to learn how to make your own Balanced, Fresh, Home-Made Dog Food to give your cat the best diet possible, as well as save money.
- If you have taken all the above and if there are still some lingering allergy symptoms, a prescription allergy medication like cyproheptadine or Atopica have proven very safe and effective for many dog\s.
If your cat continues to struggle with symptom of allergies, or any other chronic health issue, please feel free to schedule a private 'Pet Health Consultation' with me.
Keep giving your pet's the best of the natural life!
April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., M.P.H.